Bodybuilding and Exercise ? The Ten Commandments in Making of a Champion!
1. Fill your life up with different hobbies! ? Bodybuilding Champions realize working out is not everything there is in life. Your life does not center on the gym. Experience other activities. Get a hobby; join a group; do outdoor activities in order to stay mentally strong. One day you will realize, your identity is not built on the sport of bodybuilding.
2. Leave your ego at the door! ? Bodybuilding Champions focus on the process and not on themselves. Your life should not center on you and you alone. True Champions in any sport know that it is what the sport gives to your heart that matters most, not the image you want to project.
3. Never forget where you come from! ? Bodybuilding Champions never forget what the sport has taught them, where they have been or who has helped them along the way. Bodybuilding and life share the same principles: what you gain inside is more valuable than anything physical.
4. More is not better! ? Bodybuilding Champions work smarter not harder. Efficiency and knowledge is the key to becoming a true champion. Less effort and more results usually work best. Be smart in your training and practice a little common sense when needing to rest.
5. Get a mentor- Bodybuilding Champions are never afraid to ask for help. Champs know that knowledge is power. Learn from others, never be afraid of change, and champion yourself after as many people as you can.
6. Feed the Spirit! Bodybuilding Champions understand the mind is their biggest competitor and the heart is their biggest asset. If you kill your spirit or passion for the sport, you have lost the main purpose for your efforts.
7. Pay your dues and do not cheat by taking steroids ? Bodybuilding Champions SHOULD do it the right way, without drugs! You can never replace hard work, and hard work always pays off. Others may not know you are cheating, but at the end of the day you do. What matters most to you?
8. Teach others what you have learned ? Bodybuilding Champions help others gain knowledge. The best champions are those who share the wealth, teach others and inspire hearts. Your success is only as strong as your ability to share what you have learned.
9. Be honest in all you do ? Bodybuilding Champions know when to stop. No matter how difficult it may be on the ego, always be true to self and to others. Denying reality robs the heart of the happiness of life. Champions compete in their sport for the love of game, not for the chance to defy the odds of life.
10. Be you and no one else- Bodybuilding Champions do not pretend to be someone they are not. Hiding behind your exterior is the surest way to a lonely, unhappy life. True champions have no needs to pretend. GREATNESS NEEDS NO EXPLANATION!
Greg Ryan is a high profile fitness expert professional bodybuilder and former employee of Kathy Smiths. Best selling author of the Changing from the INSIDE book series. Discover the common sense way to lose weight with out dieting. A proven formula the doctor's DON'T want you to know about. For FREE MINI COURES click here http://www.resolutions.bz
Complete Physical Transformation Using The Purposefully Primitive Fitness Methodology
The Purposeful Primitive approach to the art and science of physical renovation is deceptively simplistic. By using a few basic tools and food purchased from the grocery store, you can radically alter the way you look while simultaneously improving health, vitality and energy levels. The Primitive approach has two irreducible goals: tone, strengthen and increase muscle mass and function, and the systematic reduction of body fat. This methodology has been used by the athletic elite for decades and is shorn of fluff and bloat.
Weight Loss and Exercise in Tough Environmental Conditions
Working out is working out, right?
Unstable And Proud Of It! Power to the Push-Ups!
When I get finished teaching you this never-before-seen version of the push-up, you're going to think that either I'm crazy or a genius or both! Of course, the results you'll get from it will speak for themselves.
Top 10 Most Outrageous Exercises I?ve Ever Seen
In the course of my experience working and training in gyms, I've seen people doing some incredibly "interesting" exercises. Unfortunately, it's usually because these people have not been properly instructed in exercise technique.
Metabolism: How to Increase Your Metabolic Rate?
Metabolism is a process by which the body burns the calories and convert them into useful energy. High metabolic rate uses up the energy stored in the form of fat. Metabolism to some extent depends on:
An Ab Exercise For Everyone!
I don't have much of a problem with belly pouch or bulge, since I've been doing one ab exercise or another for most of my life to make my abs flat.
Different Exercises Schedule to Combat Hypertension, Obesity, and Asthma!
Different Health Problems generally do not allow us to do traditional exercises. Above all, one type of exercise cant be effective to each group facing different challenges. But despite all these different challenges, the general rule applies to all: Extra Effort and Persistence.
Exercise - Anxiety & Panic
Yes, all I'm afraid this does play a part in reducing anxiety and depression. As much as you may not like doing it (I've never been a huge fan of it myself) but once you get into it, you certainly feel better for it afterwards.
How to Pick a Good Personal Trainer
One of the major benefits of the YourBestBodyNOW Program and several other programs like it is that you can lose weight and meet your fitness and weight loss goals even if you have neither the time nor money to get a personal trainer.
Want To Get In Shape? Watch Another Infomercial!
You know I have always wondered how people of yesteryear, like Eugene sandow, John Grimek, Steve reeves, Jack Lalanne, Joe Louis, Charle Atlas, and many others that i could mention could possibly get into such fantastic shape without all these gadgets, gizmos, and late night exercise machines being touted all over your favorite TV stations.
When Exercising Right Looks Wrong
For most of us we live in a black and white world. Good vs. evil, right vs. wrong. For a few of us the shade of grey is more appealing. In the world of fitness and exercise most people, novice and advanced exercisers (athletes) there is generally a correct and incorrect way to exercise. Just as in any other specialty or business there is much research that goes into doing the right thing from the wrong thing. There are consequences from doing the wrong thing and rewards from doing the right thing.
Doing vs. Performing: The Difference Between Exercising and Getting Results
Back when I was young and living on my parents' farm, there always seemed to be plenty of tasks that were reserved for the low man on the totem pole. And you guessed it. That low man was me. Picking up and piling sticks seemed to be one of my dad's favorite tasks for me, and quite frankly, it was one of my least desired jobs to do. Funny how that works. Anyway, every time my dad would tell me to go out and complete one of these undesirable tasks, I would respond with the requisite whining, complaining, and carrying-on that usually comes from a young person who is having to do something he/she doesn't want to do. Nonetheless, I would slump off and begin my task, usually in a half-assed manner. Then I would rush in and tell my dad I had completed my task. He would go out, check it, and 9 times out of 10, he would make me go back and redo, complete, or what-have-you some of aspect of my job. He would always tell me, "It is much easier to do it right the first time." This is a lesson that did not sink in until some years later. Now, however, I fully embrace my father's philosophy, in part, because on a daily basis I see the same issues/attitudes I had as a young person showing up in how people approach their exercise programs.
How to Avoid Using Your Home Gym as a Clothes Rack
So here's the situation?
The Truth about Spot Reduction
At any point, we can pick up the latest fitness magazine or see a television ad for the newest "abdominal reducer" exercise. These gimmicks are feeding on society's obsession with a "six pack" and everyone is searching for the answer to lose those love handles.
Want a Flat Stomach? - Heres the Best Exercise
The best exercise for the stomach is probably not the one you're thinking of. It's not the traditional sit-up or ab crunch. It's not even ab related.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Walking for Exercise
Walking for exercise is a purposeful, brisk walk specifically designed for the purpose of improving health. It is one of the best and cheapest forms of exercise. If you want to improve your general health and keep fit, or if you want to reduce your weight, walking is a good place to start.
The Truth About Lactate and Exercise
For years exercise scientists and physiologists have preached that lactate/lactic acid build-up in the muscle is the direct cause of muscle fatigue and a decrease in performance. It is proposed that lactate builds up in the muscle cells during intense exercise and literally "poisons" them, essentially shutting down activity biochemically by reducing the pH or increasing the acidity level. Lactate has therefore been dubbed a metabolic by-product or dead end and as the enemy of human exercise and performance. This may be far from the truth as this article explains.
The Truth About Exercise and Why Its Not Always Good for You!
Exercise is often regarded as a panacea for many things..."if you want to lose weight, you must exercise"; "if you want to get those feel good endoprhins racing, take some exercise"; "if you want to help with stress, you should take up exercise".
Do You Have A Fitness Battle Plan?
In fitness, as in war, you want to be on the offensive, not the defensive and this means that rather than reacting to maladies as they occur, far better to be in good general physical condition; preventive maintenance is preferable to remedial effort every time. One general rule of thumb I use is energy is the basic coin of the fitness realm and without it is damned difficult to mount any kind of serious fitness effort.
Bodybuilding Training Tips ? To be a Champion!
Twenty two years ago I fell into the world of bodybuilding by accident. I had absolutely no discipline, determination or confidence in myself. After many championships, television shows, movie star clients and successful businesses here are a few training tips that I have learned along the way.
|home | site map|