7 Ways To Guarantee You Stick To Your Workout Program
1. Begin Looking at Exercise Differently. Think of exercise as a way of life. Do not look as exercise as a chore or task that hurts you. Exercise is probably the most inexpensive and fun thing you can do for your life. Find something in exercise that you enjoy doing such as meeting new people, getting out of work, or your means of stress relief. It will be like brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. The sooner you view exercise as a activity of health and way of life, the sooner your results will show up.
2. Think Small. This is probably the hardest part of exercise for people to understand and follow through with. Most people want the results to happen now and start their workout program going all out. This is the number 1 reason men and women stop exercising. They expect too much. Breakdown your goals into sections or parts and choose some realistic goals. Before you know it, you lost those annoying 10 pounds and or health has improved ten fold.
3. Get A Workout Partner. If there is somebody waiting for you at the gym, the same time you are supposed to be there, you can bet you will be there 100% of the time to workout with him or her. It also can be immediately physically result producing since you will automatically be pushing each other to do better and better.
4. Change Your Workout More Often. Change: The essence of goal attainment. If you modify your workout more often, you will undoubtedly see changes. It prevents your muscles from getting stagnant and gets the doldrums out of working out.
5. Hire A Personal Trainer. Are you spending too much time at the gym and not seeing changes? You may be overworking certain muscles and not use others at all. Are you performing all exercises correctly? The slightest movement will do wonders for shaping and acquiring the look you want. A personal trainer will know exactly what to do to help you get results.
6. Workout At A Different Time Of Day. Rearrange your schedule to workout at different time of day. This will put a huge shock to your body and mind set regarding exercise.
7. Plan To Exercise For A Minimum Of Six Months. The whole idea regarding exercising is to get the results you desire and create a healthier you. The sure- fire way to do this is to consistently do it over a period of time. When commencing on an exercise program, regardless of your goals, you will need do this for a minimum of 6 months. Before you know it, exercise is now a way of life.
For a ton of f.ree, valuable tips, tricks, and secrets visit: http://www.MaximizeYourMetabolism.com
© 2002-2005 Wisdom Books, LLC & Christopher Guerriero WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this blurb with it: Christopher Guerriero, is the founder of the National Metabolic & Longevity Research Center and a best-selling author, speaker, and coach to millions. He is creator of the award-winning 'Maximize Your Metabolism' system. To learn more about this step-by-step program, and to sign up for FR*EE how-to articles and F.REE teleseminars, visit http://www.MaximizeYourMetabolism.com
Exercising - Ways of staying motivated!
The number one reason people say they do not exercise is lack of time. Not long ago, a twenty-year study was completed centering on the theory that, "There is not as much time in the day as there used to be." The study concluded that just the opposite was true. It showed that with all the technology today, we have 1.5 more hours in a day than we did twenty years ago. In other words, with all the gadgets out there to help us communicate and manage our time, we should have an hour and a half more time for ourselves. What is the solution? With a little prioritizing and some time management, we can find the time to exercise!
5 Mistakes People Makes When Doing a Workout Program
When you start out with a workout program - whether the purpose is weight loss exercise or another - you have started a training process that hopefully is going to last for a while. It is important that you are aware of some factors that can decrease your motivation for the exercising or even damage your health - while you are executing your training program. Even a few minor mistakes in your workout can easily accumulate to bad habits over time, kicking you off track, and that is not the purpose with good exercise. Below I'll go through a few of these.
Overcoming Resistance to Exercise
Are You Destined to Sit on the Couch?
The Benefit of Back Exercises
Back exercises are often prescribed effectively as an alternative to surgery. Doing daily back exercises can significantly reduce back pain related to a variety of common ailments. However, not every exercise is appropriate for some conditions and certain back exercises may even make the problem worse. This is why it's important to check with your doctor about which exercises will help or hinder you.
Exercise ? More is NOT Better!
Years ago when I was a professional bodybuilder, I fell into the mindset that the more I exercised, the less fat I ate, the better I would look and feel. At the time this seemed like the logical thing to do. And maybe in my mind that was correct. However, from my body's standpoint, this was NOT the thing to do, nor was it healthy.
Core-Principles: The Function of Functional Training
Okay?okay?okay! Enough already!!! It seems like with every new term, every new invention or just about anything that is seemingly not "Everyday" that we all become flustered and assume we know nothing, which is both a testament to our lack of faith in ourselves and also a reflection of our ever-growing dependence on externals to give us a little reassurance where our natural instincts should be in high gear.
Elements of Exercise
A 30-minute, Or Less, Full Body Workout
Most people do not have the time to do biceps and back one day, then legs and shoulders the next, then triceps and abdominals the next day. So here is a short, and every effective full body weight session you can easily get done in 30 minutes or less. Your muscles will feel the workout but you will not have the muscle soreness that will prevent you from your other training
Your Guide To Exercise
Even light exercise is good for you, so don't get discouraged!
10 Workout Mistakes Cheaters Make
"When I'm lifting free weights, I tend to go pretty fast on the downward motion when I'm supposed to be using more control," says Beth Pekol, who works in banking in Chicago.
Weight Training: The Real Weight Loss Exercise
So you want to lose weight? Chances are, you'll spend the next few days "pigging out" while in the back of your mind you resolve that ...Starting Monday, no more fried foods, no more between meal snacking, no more whatever it is you think is causing you to pack on those ugly pounds. So Monday rolls around and sure, you start out strong, eat right all day. Next day same thing, maybe you'll make it a week. Unfortunately, after a few days, you'll probably find yourself scoffing down a double whopper somewhere, and that will be it, the diet will be over, and you'll quickly gain back whatever weight you may have lost ?plus a few extra pounds just for good measure.
The Great Forgotten Exercise -- Parallel Bar Dips
When it comes to building lower pectorals, triceps and frontal deltoids, dips are without doubt one the best exercises I've ever used. They are seldom used nowadays and the reasons are plain to see: you have to be able to handle your own bodyweight for reps ? unless you have access to one of those fancy-dan machines that allow you to dip (or chin) with less than body weight.
Best Abdominal Exercises to Get the Sexy Six Pack You Deserve
The key to getting those sexy abdominals lies mainly on what abdominal exercises you choose to perform.
Exercise Nutrition: How To Keep That Energy Up!
How many times has this happened to you?
Thick Today Is Fat Tomorrow
As we twentysomethings get further along in our twenties, we may start to notice ourselves gaining weight. It sucks, because at one time you could eat whatever you wanted and now it's like someone shut off your metabolism. But did you know that by not exercising to lose those extra pounds you are actually setting yourself up for heart disease, colon cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis? I just learned that these are all lifestyle diseases and can be eliminated even prevented by exercising and maintaining a healthy diet. Who knew?
Lower Back Extension Exercise
This is an excellent exercise for the lower back that is very simple to perform. This exercise requires no equipment and it can be performed almost anywhere, even at your office. Many people neglect to do exercises that focus on your lower back. Your lower back, Erector Spinae, supports your upper body and affects almost every sport and every day activity that you do. It is important that you exercise this part of the body. The lower back extension is probably the best exercise for strengthening your lower back as well as eliminating or preventing lower back pain.
Who Else Wants To Get In Shape in 35 Minutes?
Most of the physical fitness trainers, and coaches agree that doing some sort of resistance training, and cardio training, sets up a good foundation for all around fitness. What most people like to do is alternate days. M-W-F do resistance training and on Tues-thurs-sat do aerobic training or some other variation.Now this is not a bad thing but it can be very time consuming and for people who have real busy lives it might be hard to make this kind of commitment.
The Importance of The Fibonacci Numbers in Fitness Training
"Things do not change; we change." ?Henry David Thoreau
After Exercise Headache - More Serious Than You Think?
It's surprisingly common - you're exercising, everything's fine, and then POW - a headache strikes! Or, sometimes, a headache hits while you're exercising. Is it just a minor annoyance? Or could it be a signal that something serious is going on? Should you go to the doctor, or just shrug it off?
Strategies for Alleviating the Boredom Associated with Exercise
Just about every expert in the ADD field will tell you that exercise is one of the best ADD management strategies there is. According to the book Delivered from Distraction:
|home | site map|